Fluency is recognizing the words in a text rapidly and accurately and using phrasing and emphasis in a way that makes what is read sound like spoken language.
- Reading Rockets Fluency (scroll down and choose "Strategy focus, fluency")
- Florida Center for Reading Research (Choose level on the left and scroll to “Fluency” for activities)
- Oral Reading Fluency: Understand it to Improve It (The Reading League Video)
- PALS - Assessment and Resource Library
The book below is available from our T/TAC lending library:
- Fischer, Ph.D., P.E. (1994). Decoding automaticity materials for reading fluency. Oxton House Publishers.