What is an assistive technology team?
Many Virginia school divisions have assistive technology teams. These AT teams can:
- Assist with developing AT policies and procedures
- Identify AT needs and make recommendations for the purchase of specific AT
- Maintain an inventory of the division’s AT equipment
- Provide AT assessments
- Support students and professionals in learning how to use AT
- Provide professional development to the division staff and families on AT
VDOE's T/TAC at VCU supports the development and ongoing growth of assistive technology teams in Regions 1 and 8. To learn more about developing an AT team, check out these frequently asked questions for AT teams.