- Stetson & Associates, Inc.
- Strategic Instructional Model ™ Learning Strategies
- Real Co-Teachers of Virginia eWorkshop (VDOE Excellence in Co-Teaching Initiative)
- VDOE Excellence in Co-Teaching Initiative - Co-teaching tips
What does co-teaching look like?
Six models of co-teaching - One-page handout of the 6 co-teaching models (adapted from Marilyn Friend’s book, Co-Teach!)
How will we be able to work together?
Co-teaching means understanding your partner and being able to work together in the same classroom for the benefit of the students. Here are some preliminary discussion questions/situations you may want to consider as you begin your school year so you co-teaching relationship starts off strong and begins the school year with the same perspective.
How are we doing?
Ask a peer to observe your classroom and provide you feedback using one of these observation tools.
Please contact our lending library to check out the following resources:
- Burrello, L., Burrello, J., & Friend, M. (2016). Power of two (3rd edition) [DVD]. Bloomington, IN: Forum on Education/Elephant Rock Productions.
- Friend, Marilyn. (2019). Co-Teach! Building a sustaining effective classroom partnerships in inclusive schools (3rd ed.)Washington, DC: Marilyn Friend, Inc.
- Reid, R., Lienemann, T. O., & Hagaman, J. L. (2013). Strategy instruction for students with learning disabilities. New York: The Guilford Press.
- McLeskey, J. (2019). High leverage practices for inclusive classrooms. New York, NY: Routledge.
- Tomlinson, C. A. (2016). The differentiated classroom: Responding to the needs of all learners. Boston: Published by Pearson Education,, by special arrangement with the Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD).
- Murawski, W. W., & Lochner, W. W. (2018). Beyond co-teaching basics: A data-driven, no-fail model for continuous improvement. Alexandria, VA: ASCD.
For resources related to co-teaching in the early childhood settings, please see our Early childhood inclusive practices page.