Early childhood inclusive practices
- VCPD-Inclusive Practices National and Virginia Resources
- National Professional Development Center on Inclusion
- SpecialQuest - Birth to Five
- Head Start Center for Inclusion
- Inclusive Schools Network
- Research Synthesis Points on Early Childhood Inclusion
- FPG’s Resources Within Reason: The Evidence for Inclusion
- Fact Sheet of Research on Preschool Inclusion
- National Center for Early Childhood Development, Teaching and Learning Series on Inclusion, Module 1: Preschool Inclusion: Laying the Groundwork for Success
- Joint Position Statement between NAEYC and DEC
- USDOE and USDHHS Policy Statement on the Inclusion of Children with Disabilities in Early Childhood Programs
- Inclusive Opportunities for Preschoolers Planning Guide and Modules
- Early Childhood Technical Assistance Center-Indicators of High Quality Inclusion
- Inclusion of Young Children-series of webinars, 2014-15
- Virginia Guidelines of Early Childhood Inclusion
Please contact our lending library to check out the following resources related to early childhood inclusive practices:
- Grisham-Brown, J., Hemmeter, M.L., and Pretti-Frontczak, K. (2017). Blended Practices for Teaching Young Children in Inclusive Settings. Baltimore: Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co.
- Gupta, S., Henninger, W., and Vinh, M. (2014). First Steps to Preschool Inclusion: How to Jumpstart Your Programwide Plan. Baltimore: Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co.
- Richardson-Gibbs, A.M., and Klein, M.D. (2014). Making Preschool Inclusion Work: Strategies for Supporting Children, Teachers and Programs. Baltimore: Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co.
- Noonan, M., and McCormick, L. (2014). Teaching Young Children with Disabilities in Natural Environments. Baltimore: Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co.
- Wanerman, T., Roffman, L., and Britton C. (2011). Including One, Including All: A Guide to Relationship-based Early Childhood Inclusion. St. Paul, MN: Redleaf Press
- Grisham-Brown, J., and Pretti-Frontczak, K. (2011). Assessing Young Children in Inclusive Settings. Baltimore: Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co.
- Casey, T. (2010). Inclusive Play: Practical Strategies for Children from Birth to Eight (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, Calif.: Sage Publications.
- Smith, B., and Barton, E. (2015). The Preschool Inclusion Toolbox: How To Build and Lead a High-Quality Program. Baltimore: Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co.
- Brillante, P., and Nemeth, K. (2018). Universal Design for Learning in the Early Childhood Classroom: Teaching Children of all Languages, Cultures, and Abilities, Birth to 8 Years (1st ed.). New York: Routledge Publishing.
- Sadao, K., and Robinson, N. (2010). Assistive Technology for Young Children: Creating Inclusive Learning Environments. Baltimore: Paul H. Brookes Publishing Co.